Sunday, January 17, 2010

Queen Bee's 2nd quilt

Yes, I said second quilt because I have to take pictures of the 1st quilt. I also have to say these are just the toppers. I have to go down to my mom's house to quilt them since she has a fancy shmancy long arm quilting machine.

You will also have to excuse my temporary sewing/craft room. The basement is not finished yet and I am using the dining room still. Oh, one day that basement will be done! LOL


The Quilt Top - before we decided to add the flower applique. I am going to bind it in the lime green and add a slim black detail around the outer edge. Not quite a sashing, but a ribbon trim detail.

Close up of the blocks. Queen Bee picked out the colors, fabrics, and pattern. She sketched it out all by herself. Not bad for a 9 year old :)

Flower applique detail. We thought it needed a punch of pink in the middle of the quilt.

The whole picture :)

Finished the topper in a day, just finished the strip of all the fabrics to add to the backing. Now to sew on the applique and bag it up for the trip to mom's house!

Happy Quilting
XOXO

No comments: